Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day of Rest

Renne' and I are still in the marina in Jacksonville, but plan to be out tomorrow.  We have our lovely niece, Kali, with us for the next week or so.  She is a great addition to our shipboard family, and she is really enthusiastic about heading to Hilton Head and Charleston!!

Renne' was really under the weather yesterday, so it was an opportunity for Kali to get used to the boat.  We ran some errands, fixed lunch and dinner, and sat through this really monsterous storm.  Renne' feels a bit better today, so we will work on getting the boat secured.  I have to change the oil in both the engine and genset, and I have to tighten the  throttle linkage at the binnacle (the helm/compass-for those of you in Rio Lindo - hehheh - I'm kidding!!)  Actually adjusting the linkage is not a difficult issue, but I have to get a new, small screwdriver (I lost the other one) or maybe two now, from Lowes or Home Depot.  It would also behoove me probably to get in and clean the prop off.

I will tell you, grass hair seems to grow everywhere here, and it is very invasive!!  My two chains, which I use to hopefully reroute lightening, during a thunderstorm are completely covered with the stuff after only 21 days!  When we parked the boat here in June, I threw the chains overboard, and when we got back to the boat the other day, it was like "Holy crap, what in the world started this!"  So I think a trip around the boat and under it to clean the prop will be appropriate.  I also need to check the air condition and engine strainers today.  Hmmmm!  Glad Renne' will be out of bed today so I can get to the engine room.

Well, Renne's parents are feeling much better.  Renne' spent last week resolving their medical issues and taking care of Miss Wilma while I stayed at the hospital with her dad.  Turns out 86 is getting on up there and medical issues abound.  They are wonderful people, and Renne' came out of this last week exhausted, exposed to CATS!!, and probably exposed to my issues from the previous week.  Hopefully, she will be completely back on her feet today.

So, we expect to be back on our trek in the morning.  We will head for The Landing in downtown Jacksonville, to finish waiting out the thunderstorms, then out the St. John's River and north to Hilton Head Island on Monday if the weather permits.

See ya at The Landing tomorrow evening for sundowners friends.

JonNe' and Kali

No comments:

Post a Comment