Friday, January 28, 2011

New things

Well :^b   As we are not leaving until sometime around next Thursday, I decided to tackle another project or two.  We replaced our Trojan 105 batteries with 145's two weeks ago.  After a few years, we thought it best to go ahead and start this cruise with new, more amperage hour batteries.  So I removed the four 105's, turned two in and kept the other two on a board in the storage unit.  Our thought was if we had the time we would add a third bank of batteries and run the Generator off that.  It would recharge them, be isolated from the house or engine start, and might be a good source of emergency power.  So we are in the process of building a support base for the battery box.  In order to glass the base onto the hull, I had to grind down the paint to bare glass.  So with Renne's health issue this week, I had to send her off to our friend Gail Rassmussen for the night while the dust got cleaned up. 

So last night while I am getting ready to go to dinner with Renne' at Malcolm Jones' and Linda Van Wagner's house, I realized the refrigerator was shut down, checked the battery voltage and it was down, checked the battery charger and it is on the FRITZ!  So it is a good thing we aren't leaving until Thursday, cause that is how long it will take to get the battery charger BACK!!!!  ARRRGGGHHHH!! Just glad it happened NOW and not offshore!!  God plans for fools!

So while working on those, I think I will also get the SSB radio in so we can get weather reports offshore also.

Have a great day, we are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment