Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I feel like I am bipolar!!

We are stuck here on the hard for one more day.  We received a call from Marathon Boat Yard today declaring our prop had really been hit!  There was a 1/4" bend in one of the three blades which they say would have caused the vibration.  I gave up arguing.  I am not really sure what the financial side of this is going to look like, but we are eating our funds up very quickly.  We actually believed a year's salary or so would give us the cushion we needed to do this.  Boy Howdy, have we found out differently.  Talk about discouraging!  I am sue we will be in better spirits tomorrow, but for right now, we are licking our wounds.  Not much more to say.  Hopefully we will have this behind us tomorrow and we will be out of here for Port Canaveral - 205nm north - 2 days.  Weather should be good - mostly motor-sailing.

To add to this, our renter is not happy today.  We have our repair guy headed over there today, so hopefully most of what she is looking for will be done today.  

I think I will start sundowners early tonight, so beware, I might be in my cups already by the time you get here - but then again, perhaps not.  I forget we have to get back up the ladder to crawl on the boat!

JonNe'

1 comment:

  1. Well, you can always go back home and save up before heading out again....

    ReplyDelete