Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Well, today is a different day!!

I reinstalled the starter today, cut off the terminal end of the negative (black) battery cable as it was corroded and replaced it, reinstalled all of the cables, and hit the ignition switch!!  Nothing!  After many calls to Diesel Parts and Service in Houston, speaking with Randall; speaking with my father-in-law; and then to our friend Warren Gloss of the Iron Maiden, I discovered the anti-siphon valve in the exhaust water system had jammed shut.  Consequently, the engine has water in the cylinders!  Have I said I want to cry at this moment!!

So tomorrow, I will have to remove the generator (that I so lovingly installed) - we're talking 5-6 hours of work to get it all done.  Then I have to start working on the engine.  This is work I have never done before, and I am not comfortable at this moment!! So this evening as I am contemplating my navel and trying to figure this problem out, I am drowning my sorrows in some Captain Morgan Special Reserve Rum and having dinner.

So there is my latest issue.  We were so happy with the trip.  We NEVER expected to be doing this!!

Best for now.  Call us some time.  We love to hear from our friends.  We miss you all!!

JonNe'

No comments:

Post a Comment