Sunday, March 2, 2014

Another Day, Another Day Toward Leavin' AGAIN

About 1700, Sunday, 02 Mar 2014

Pretty cool.  The months of January and February are gone and Spring is just around the corner.  With that, I have been working on and off at getting JonNe' ready for another run to the Bahamas.  We have different crew this year.  We will be taking two dachshunds that actually belong to our daughter, Shannon.  She has found herself in a bit of a pickle, and we have volunteered to keep them for a couple of months

The one here in front is Lina, she is the daughter of Pretzel, in the background.  So, in order to give them some running around room, I have installed safety line netting to try to keep them aboard.

Well, it is like most of my projects, it has been sitting for the past few days, and I am 90% complete.  I have to find the gumption to finish the frickin' project!!  I have 5 feet of netting left to install on the starboard (right) rear safety lines and aft pulpit, and I wasn't feeling well enough to finish it today.  Actually, although true, I was heading up into the cockpit and decided it was time to write something about what I was doing, and started taking pictures and writing this!  That and a large Sailor Jerry and Diet Coke, and I don't think I will finish anything today!!  I am here in Key West, and Manana!!  Sorry folks, but my Spanish dictionary was not installed!  There should be a TILDA above the first n.  So pronounce that n with your tongue high on the roof of your mouth, kinda like an n and y simultaneously.  It actually means TOMORROW!

I am making water this afternoon.  The panel lies right behind the settee cushion on the port (left side)

Then, Voila', and the cushion is removed, and the watermaker panel appears and I am making water!
Now, the pretty cool thing about this watermaker (Aquamarine Watermakers) is the fact that if you look closely to the gauge on the left side, it is reading just a hair over 21 gallons an hour!  These tanks are 75 gallons a piece, so in a couple of hours, I have atleast one full tank.

That is unless you discover what I just discovered!!  Here I was, after an hour of writing this, as it is now almost 1800 hours, I got up to figure out what I was going to make myself for my evening meal.  I am rummaging around in the refrigerator, and I notice water on the counter!  Not a usual occurrance!   I look at the sink, and doggone, it is FULL of water!  Two things became abundantly clear, and one of them was NOT that I had already embibed in my first rum and coke.  It was first, I had NOT opened the drain for the galley sink when I began making water, and second, and more frustrating, I had not switched over from the test drain which goes to the sink (in this case FILLING IT) to the tanks.  So for the last hour, I have been filling the sink and spilling the water all over the floor rather than adding 21 plus gallons of incredibly fresh water into my nearly depleted water tank!  Can I hear a DAMN! 

So, in getting that resolved, I opened a bar of Kaukauna Port Wine Cheese Spread and some Tostido's Scoops, got a knife, and I am aswaging my frustration with cheese and crackers, and ANOTHER Sailor Jerry's Spiced Rum and Diet Coke!

With that, I am ending this, and heading for the cockpit to enjoy the rest of the sunlight and, Oh, By The Way, REALLY NICE WEATHER!!

Come on down to the docks, I will pour another drink for you, I promise!

JonNe'

No comments:

Post a Comment