Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Each Day We Get Closer

February 25 (Already!)

Several projects for that I am working on right now:
1) I was working on the bilge pump switch the other day.  In order to get to it, I had to pull the exhaust hose off the engine and break the exhaust loop apart.  In order to get it back together, I replaced the metal gasket I had removed, tightened the bolts down, and double checked the joint by putting soapy water over the joint while the engine was running.  Much to my disappointment, the exhaust leaked and I had to order new gaskets in.  They arrived the other day, and tomorrow when we take the boat over for new fuel and to have the engine mounts tightened, I will have the gasket replaced at the same time.  That project will be done tomorrow
2) I finished installing the secondary bilge pump yesterday and got the genset re-secured in place.  However, a diode was blown in the switch, so that got delivered today.  I will get that resoldered tomorrow and hopefully the secondary bilge pump will be working! 
I was looking back at the blog this morning recounting our first adventure crossing. We left on May 4, 2012. I relived the issues we had then and I want to make sure we have some of those issues re-addressed. It is interesting going back to that reading. I will have the others review it also.

Renne' and I have been running errands again today.  I am feeling pressed for time now. I need to get the shower drain blown out today and hope it will clear the drain hose. Although the pump runs fine, the drain quit pumping water out, so I assume the drain hose is plugged. We have been hand pumping it out for two days.

We also have to get income tax done in the next week. Ouch.  Discovered we have way underpaid, we are just happy we have the money in the bank.  

I rebuilt the secondary bilge pump and it is back n place and the genset back in position.  The day I originally installed that pump was one of those days when I was thinking I would NEVER have to work on it! What a pain that was to get it out and back into place. I found it was not the only issue. Apparently a diode in the switch went bad, and I have replacement parts coming.

When we were in Houston over Christmas, we purchased some lightly tinted plexiglass for the companionway cover and front access panel. The old stuff was orange and scratched and didn't allow much light in the boat.  Yesterday, cut the access panel out and mounted the boat lock to it. It makes a world of difference! Wow!  The companionway cover comes next, but that will be more difficult.

Began working on our new mount for our clothes wringer. It will be mounted on the mast pulpit amidships, and my holdup is a small amount of welding I need for the angled aluminum. It should be done Sunday!

Homemade pizza for dinner tonite!

See ya at sunset here in beautiful Key West for sundowners

JonNe'

No comments:

Post a Comment