Wednesday, May 25, 2011

This Morning

I was just reviewing the weather links and the links of other boaters out there.  I added an additional weather site for the Atlantic Coast.  I also removed the link for m/v Summertime with Ron and Karen Parsons.  They sold their yacht while they sat in Stuart, Florida, and they are back in Kemah/Houston looking at what events will shape their lives now. 

I also have caught up on the circumnavigation of Mark and Judy Handley aboard s/v Windbird at www.handleysail.com.  This is a six-year jaunt around the globe about which Judy has kept the world informed on a daily basis.  They have just returned to North Carolina, before leaving for Wood's Hole, Mass for home.  Their trip has been a real inspiration for me.  They are aboard a Tayana 42 very close in design as ours, and it was communication with them that convinced me the Yanmar 54hp engine was the engine to put in this boat. Their arrival back in the U.S. was both exciting to read and sad to realize the end of a wonderful journey I have been following is finally coming to an end.  Mark and Judy, you are an inspiration.  Thank you!

www.handleysail.com

Ya'll come on down to the docks for sundowners!

JonNe'

No comments:

Post a Comment