Friday, December 31, 2010

Radar Down

After several frustrating hours of working on my Raymarine E-80 over the last 3 weeks, I finally had to come to the conclusion it wasn't me!!  I pulled out the E-80 controller and with the help of my friend Kent, I climbed the mast and retrieved the radar antenna.  It wasn't as easy as I had thought, as the bolts for the antenna rack have frozen.  I ended up just pulling the antenna down - petrified I might drop the antenna on the way down.  With the antenna rack I could have sent it down on a line, but without, I had to carry it down as I was being let down the mast.  I was concerned the 15-20 kt wind might have been a difficulty between getting the bolts out and the process of getting off the spreaders and into a position where I could hold it.  But it came down perfectly.  Packaged it up and returned it to Raymarine.  That was yesterday.  Hope it will be repaired and back by Jan 15!!

No comments:

Post a Comment